Henceforth I will always refer to so-called “christian conservatives” as Christian Fascists. According to dictionary.com :
fasÂ·cism Audio pronunciation of “fascism” ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fshzm)
1. often Fascism
1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
2. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.
conÂ·serÂ·vaÂ·tism Audio pronunciation of “conservatism” ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-sÃ»rv-tzm)
1. The inclination, especially in politics, to maintain the existing or traditional order.
2. A political philosophy or attitude emphasizing respect for traditional institutions, distrust of government activism, and opposition to sudden change in the established order.
Look at these definitions and then consider what the right-wing want to do in America. These people including the leaders of the republican party (Bush, Delay, Robertson, et al) are not conservatives at all. They are fascists and should be identified as such.